Not sure what you mean. What does the sp do? If it's just returning a rowset
as you seem to imply by the term "field" then it is not different from any
SELECT, PREPARE, FETCH, FETCH ... etc operation. If this isn't so you will
be better off to clarify this to the list.

> The same book mentioned in several places (like pp 223) that
> fetchrow_array
> returns the value of the first field if used "in a scalar
> context". I am not
> sure about this "scalar context", is this something related

@list   = $sth->fetchrow_array;  # ie (1,2,3,4)
$scalar = $sth->fetchrow_array;  # only gets 1st element $list[0]

Which is probably what you are doing, though I am sure the book has clear
examples. I would also suggest a read of your perlvar manpage if you are not
fammiliar with the concept of scalars.

Neil

> to my problem
> about the stored procedure?
>
> Does any one has a clue? Thanks  a lot in advance.
>
> Guangzu

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.