-----Original Message-----
From: Patricio M. Rueda
To: Sterin, Ilya
Sent: 06/04/2001 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: (Fwd) Accent insensitive

Who the hell are you to answer for Tim. let Tim answer hi on e-mail,
people
are buying his book aren't they?

"Sterin, Ilya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/01/2001 04:51:25 PM

To:   "'Tim Bunce '" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "'[EMAIL PROTECTED] '"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:   "'[EMAIL PROTECTED] '" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (bcc:
      Patricio M. Rueda/Telcordia)

You've already asked that question here before and got lots of replies,
did
that not suit your needs?  Tim, like the rest of people, prefers that
you
not send any DBI/DBD related questions directly to him, but rather to
the
dbi-users list which he subscribes to also and I'm preatty sure he saw
your
question before.  Anyways, I thought that it was resolved?  If not there
were many solutions that were specified, one being you converting all
the
possible characters to ASCII as it is stored by you in the database and
then
searching based on that, you can also keep a copy of the pre-converted
string to later display to the user.

Ilya Sterin