But then when you try to read an email that has been replied to 6 times, you
must fussing with 6 footers:-)  That can't be fun.

Ilya Sterin

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 6/6/01 1:32 PM
Subject: RE: I want to unsuscribe

This keeps drifting farther and farther off-topic, but....

If the information from the headers were transfered to a small footer
appended to each message, you would be moving the "500 bytes" rather
than
increasing the overall message size.  And the information would be
accessible to everyone and not just those who use email clients that
don't
obfuscate the useful headers.

Like others on the list, I host several mailing lists and I don't see
nearly
the number of please-unsubscribe-me messages as I do here, even when
scaled
for size.

As an aside, could the original author's problem be that he appears to
be
omiting the 'b' from "unsubscribe"?

  --G