Hello,

I am trying to build the DBD::FreeTDS module for Perl, but
I am encountering and error when I do the perl makefile.pl
command :

Died at makefile.pl line 47.
%RMS-F-SYN, file specification syntax error

Line 47 happens to be :

die unless -e "$dbidir/DBIXS.h";

I have installed DBI 1.19 and have Perl 5.6.1 on a VAX/VMS
running 7.1

Does anyone know how to get around this error?

Alternatively, could someone recommend how I can connect
from a VAX to a MS-SQL Server?

Many Thanks

Piyush

Piyush Avichal
Technical Systems Analyst
Singer & Friedlander Ltd
21 New Street
Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 4HR

Tel : +44 (0) 207 5235267
Fax : +44 (0) 207 5235299
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Singer & Friedlander Group plc, registered office at
21 New Street, Bishopsgate, London, EC2M  4HR. Registered in England No 970842.
This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended for the
sole use
of the addressee and not anyone else. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise
the sender immediately.