On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:45:10PM +0200, Ton Verhagen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am experiencing some problems installing DBI-1.19 on a clean RH7.1 system
> running perl-5.6.1

> make: *** No rule to make target `blib/arch/auto/DBI/Driver.xst', needed by
> `Perl.xsi'.  Stop.
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

That's a clue.

> cp Driver.xst blib/arch/auto/DBI/Driver.xst

That's a clue.

>    /usr/bin/make -j3 -- NOT OK

And that (-j3) is probably a bad idea, in general.

Tim.

p.s. The README explicitly stats that you should send email to the
list, not me.

p.p.s. If you know what you're doing enough to be using -j3 on builds
then you could try debugging the problem so make doesn't make that
mistake (patches welcome). But if you can't debug it then you're much
better off not using -j3.