Robert Lopez wrote:

> I though it might be a lower cost option for putting in place some
> software I will need very infrequently.  Almost always always what I
> need is in the Informix database. Sometimes if it is not the clues
> as to why it is missing are in the Oracle database.

With the ODBC route you will actually need *more* software than with
DBD::Oracle since ODBC driver uses the same Oracle OCI libs AFAIK. Also,
DBD::Oracle is robust and well developed software while I can say
nothing about the quality of ODBC drivers available for Oracle and how
well DBD::ODBC works with them.

--
Ivan Adzhubei