On 2001-09-26 14:12:07 -0700, That Jeff Guy wrote:
> Philip Daggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I am trying to install DBD::Oracle on a Redhat Linux 7.1 box for the
> > sole purpose of connecting to a remote Oracle server.
>
> Oracle is pretty rediculous. They require you to download the entire
> enterprise package, just to install the client software you need.

Also be careful which version you get. Oracle 8.1.7 doesn't seem to like
Redhat 7.1 (the installer just hangs shortly after startup), so you will
need Oracle 9i, which was only certified for SuSE last time I looked
(although the requirements (Kernel 2.4.x and glibc 2.2) are met by RH
7.1, too, so it would probably work).

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | My definition of a stupid question is
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | "a question that if you're embarassed to
| |   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]        | ask it, you stay stupid."
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |    -- Tim Helck on dbi-users, 2001-07-30

PGP signature