On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Hardy Merrill wrote:

> By "Pg", do you mean PostgreSQL database?  The only interface that
> I'm aware of for Perl to PostgreSQL is through DBI and DBD::Pg.  In
> terms of documentation for PostgreSQL, I'd start with the Postgresql
> home page at

There is(was?) a "Pg" interface to perl:
http://search.cpan.org/doc/MERGL/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Pg.pm

And then there was an attempt to write a pure-perl interface for Postgres.
I don't think it ever got very far, and I don't remember the name of the
pagkage.

DBI/DBD::Pg is the way to go.  Performance is very good, and DBI makes it
easier for you to port your code to other databases.

Rudy