I think I have found a curious bug in DBI.  It seems that since DBI 1.15
- 1.20, when you bring up apache/mod_perl and execute queries against
the database handle in the parent process (startup.pl), multiple
connections result against the database.  If I switch to DBI 1.14, no
such problem occurs.  I have found this problem occurs with:

DBI 1.20 + DBD::Oracle 1.12
DBI 1.15 + DBD::Oracle 1.07
DBI 1.16 + DBD::Oracle 1.07

I have turned on Apache::DBI::DEBUG and trace(2) in DBI.  Could someone
tell me what I should be looking for or can someone else shed any light
on this? I am not sure if this is necessarily a mod_perl issue or if
mod_perl is just eliciting a bug in  DBI.

thanks,

--eric