On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 10:25:10PM -0800, Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Did you see README.hpux in DBD::Oracle?
> >
> > If you are using the cc that comes with HP-UX (and not one of the
> > compilers you have to pay for), you are out of luck.  That cc, is not
> > even ANSI compliant.  No one to date has sent me a set of instructions
> > for building with gcc... although some have been rumored to have done it.
> > So you are stuck buying a compiler from HP (or Softbench).
>
> There's a set of instructions on how to build GCC using the bundled HP-UX C
> compiler in the DBD::Informix 1.00.PC1 Notes directory.  As you say, it isn't
> easy.  I did the work on HP-UX 10.20, but I think it would also apply to
> 11.0.  I had to build 5 or 6 other GNU packages before building the compiler
> itself - things like sed needed an upgrade.  I also did it with GCC 2.95.x;
> it pre-dates the 3.0.x releases.
>
> And there are places where you can download pre-built versions of GCC, which
> would be worth exploring too.

Unfortunately, the problem is that there is no generally known way to build
DBD::Oracle with gcc.  There are rumors that it is possible, but nobody has
published a procedure to get it to work.

--
David Good                                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                 This space intentionally left blank.