Sebastien,

(See e-mails earlier in the week about this problem.)
Perl bundled with Solaris 2.8 is (a) old and (b) compiled with Sun compiler.

DBI and DBD::* need to be compiled with the same compiler as Perl.

Recommended action: install Perl 5.6.1 package from sunfreeware.com
(which _is_ compiled with gcc) and start all over again :-)

--
MarkT