From: Mark Riehl
To: ''[EMAIL PROTECTED]' '
Sent: 10/17/01 12:29 PM
Subject: RE: mod_perl and DBI

Ilya/Doug - Thanks for the info.  Sorry for not being too clear.  Our
application will have an upload of a large (~5 MB) XML file, it will
need to
be parsed, and then stored in the database.  The database will then be
manipulated by another process, data will be pulled out, and an output
XML
file will be generated.  We're using the database as a common are to
share
the data.

One last question.  When you mentioned native load facility, do you mean
bypassing DBI and using the database directly (e.g., running INSERT
commands
from the MySQL command line rather than through DBI)?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Riehl