From: Nilanjan Das
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12/20/01 8:49 AM
Subject: Query on DBI and DBD

Hi Gurus,

I have a basic question on building the DBI and DBD. Can I build DBI and
DBD on a machine where there is no database installed. Basically the
DBD module. My set up is like this. I have an Application server and a
database server. The database server will have the oracle database and
the Application server will have the application installed. I will have
some Perl scripts(which uses DBI) on the Application server. So, I am
wondering whether for installing the DBD on the Application server, do I
need to have Oracle installed on the Application server. Does DBD for
Oracle during installation expects that the Oracle database is installed
on the same machine? Can we change it anyway?

Looking for your reply.

Thanks,
Nilanjan