A quick look at the source shows lots of references to the DBD::ODBC namespace
so you will need to search and replace within the ODBC.pm file, looking for
the string DBD::ODBC.  I suppose you should also change the Name attribute for
the driver handle (line 42 of $DBD::ODBC::VERSION = '0.28').

I don't know if any of the xs stuff needs fixing too.  I guess Jeff Urlwin is
your best guide for this.

If you were on Win32 you could have used DBD::ADO as an alternative to
DBD::ODBC.  In your situation you could build DBD::Sybase against the FreeTDS
libraries and communicate with the MS-SQL server that way.

--
  Simon Oliver