Hi,

I am developing a Web application that invokes a Perl script, which in turn
access a mysql database.

I have copied a sample database named books to the directory
/usr/local/mysql/data of a Linux machine, where I have also installed an
Apache Web server, mysql, DBI module and a DBD::mysql driver. A table named
Authors is in the books database. Within /usr/local/mysql/data/books, 3
files (Authors.frm, authors.isd, authors.ism) belonging to the Authors table
are located.

For testing purpose, I tried to execute the perl script on the command line
(perl -w test1.pl). The connection to the books database seemed to work
fine. However, executing the SELECT statement that follows gives the
following errors:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't find file: 'Authors.ISD' (errno: 2) at
test1.pl line 30.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't find file: 'Authors.ISD' (errno: 2) at
test1.pl line 30.

Would appreciate any comment on what could have happened and suggestions for
the solution. Thanks.

Will