Hi all,

I am about to start working on an Oracle 9i DB within a very small (4
computer) network.  The entire network is behind a firewall and is on a
local IP range (i.e. 192.168.xxx.xxx).  I will be writing DBI scripts to
access the DB from any of these computers.  This is *not* CGI, just
plain-old command-line PERL scripting.  I've set up the Oracle client
software (i.e. SQL*Net) on each computer already, and I can connect to the
database without problems.

I am confused on which DBD to choose, though.  Should I use DBD::ODBC or
DBD::Oracle?  I can set up ODBC DSNs on each computer without much problem
so both are equally convenient.  But is there any other reason or criteria
I can use to make this choice, perhaps based on performance or stability?

Any advice/ideas very much appreciated.
Paul