This really isn't a DBI question and might be better suited to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mailing list.

> Hello ,
>     I am writing a user registration script which once the
> user has filled in the form it emails them a simple html
> email with a link for them to click to validate that there
> email address is real.
>
> i.e
> Print '<a
> Href="http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/script.pl?confirm?you@yo
> urdomain.com">

First off this link is bad it should dbe script.pl?[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Click to validate</A href>;
>
> Ok so far but when the link is clicked the script will not
> pick up the second variable I am using
Second you only have one key value pair

> $process = $ARGV[0];
> $somevariable = $ARGV[1];

Third ARGV is best suited for the command line.
Use CGI.pm to parse input instead.
Fomr what it looks like from your script you nedd to make your link

Script.pl?proc=confirm&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then your script would be like

use CGI;

$cgi = new CGI;

$process = $cgi->param('proc');
$email = $cgi->param('email');

> if ($process EQ "confirm")
> {
> &do_something;
> }
>
> else
> {
> &do_somethingelse
> }
>
> I am relatively new to perl so I may be going about it in
> completely the wrong way can anyone help me out here please.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

These disclaimers don't do anything and are anoying.