I have already submitted the output from make in a previous.  I don't
think recompiling with a different version of gcc will help... Serverlogistics was
quite
clear that the threaded version is incompatible with DBI.  I could be
wrong about that, but I'm just going to go the path of least resistence
now and use JSP/servlets and FastCGI on the Mac and if I want to do
mod_perl, I go back to Linux.  When the folks at Apple come out with a OS
upgrade that includes gcc 3.2, Perl 5.8.x, etc, then I'll revisit this.

I would assume that if you were using OSX 10.1 that you were using
Perl5.6.0... that version I do not believe has the problems that Perl5.8.0
has (however, it has a whole slew of other problems... this is why I am
upgrading).

Thanks,
Curt