From: "Dan Muey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peter Schuberth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: DBD::CSV

> Hello,
>
> I have changed from
> MySQL DB to CSV File (DBD::CSV).
> And also from Linux to Windows

There's the first two mistakes! :)

> A)
> But now I discovered few problems:
> On the same hardware system
> the same select for the same table
>
> 1) Linux the select takes 0.4 seconds
>
> 2) Windows the select takes 2.1 seconds
>
> Using Apache 1.3.27 and under Windows ActivePerl.
>
> Is it a problem of Apache, Perl or the OS?

THE OS !!!!!! WINDOWS is an expensive resource cow, designed to stop working
every 2.5 years
And make you think you can't live with out it.

> B)
> I have a select like this:
> ...WHERE ((field1 like ?) OR (field2 like ?) OR (field3 like
> ?)) AND ((field1 like ?) OR (field2 like ?) OR (field3 like
> ?)) AND ((field1 like ?) OR (field2 like ?) OR (field3 like ?))
>
> values1,values1,values1,values2,values2,values2,values3,values
> 3,values3
>
> with Linux this is not a problem, but under Windows I get no
> data and also no error.
>
> I removed the "field3" only then I got data with Windows, but
> the result looks like WHERE ((field1 like ?) OR (field2 like
> ?)) has been used for the search.

On this one are the tables *exactly* the same?

> C)
> There is a different in the order of a table when I use it
> under Linux or Windows. Under Windows the order is fine but
> under Linux it looks mixed up.

That depends again on if the tables are *exactly* the same and *exactly*
what query you use and *exactly* how the software is installed on the OS,
and how you assemble the results. Windows and unix behave differently. If
you can hack it I'd highly recommend sticking to a flavor of unix.
Too many variables to figure out why they are coming back different.