Peter Schuberth wrote:

Hello Jeff,

I believe the problem of the low speed is due using SQL-Statement 1.005. I
think I should change to a XS Version  like 0.1021.

Maybe it will help, though as others have pointed out MySQL and PostgreSQL and SQLite may be better for you All of them work fine on windows. Also, how about DBD::ODBC with its CSV driver which of course works on windows?

Also I'm still confused about your initial time difference between Linux and Windows. Are you saying that you were using the same version of SQL::Statement and the same version of DBI and the same version of perl on both platforms? I really can't believe that is the case -- the speed might be different between platforms, but I can't imagine how the query processing could vary unless the SQL::Statement versions are different or you are making a mistake with the eol.

But from where can I get such a package? I have loaded it initaly from
ActivePerl. But the package they provide there for 6xx build (5.6.1) has
only the SQL-Statement 1.005. The 5xx buid is using SQL-Statement 0.1021,
but I can not install this package on my system.

Hmm, you're right. Anyone on the list care to compile SQL::Statement 0.1021 for ActiveState perl 5.8 and put it in a public repository?

--
Jeff