If MSSQL Server hasn't diverged too far from being a derivative of Sybase, you
would trap those messages in an error or a message handler - but that only works
in sybperl and DBD::Sybase AFAIK. I don't know how you would get to the those
callbacks in ODBC.
HTH somewhat.
--
Matt

                                               To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

              "Jenda Krynicky"                 cc:

              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              Subject: get the messages, not the rows

              11 Sep 2003 10:37 AM

Is there a way to execute an SQL command and get the messages, not
the records?

I mean, I'd like to run
             DBCC CHECKDB ('databasename')
parse the output and add the result to a daily report of my servers'
health. The question is how do I get the messages.

I'm using DBI+DBD::ODBC and MS SQL Server 2000.

Thanks, Jenda
(And sorry if it's on line XX of the fine manual and I just did not
find it:)
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
             -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery