On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 02:21:54PM -0400, Chuck Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> The command is for the dataserver that you are using.  I assumed that
> the DBCC command was directed at a MS or Sybase Sql Server.  Whether you
> are using DBD:ODBC or DBD:Sybase the effect is the same, it causes the
> dataserver to flush its buffers out to the application.  DBD:ODBC is
> just a transport mechanism for the dbcc command or whatever command you
> are passing.

OK, but it works fine (no buffering) using DBD::Sybase on Unix platforms
without using the 'SET FLUSHMESSAGE ON', but doesn't when using DBD::ODBC
on Win32.  I'll see if I can give your suggestion a try, though.  It'd be
great if it works!

--
David Good                                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                 This space intentionally left blank.