Hi all,

I want to know is it possible to include .sql files in a main perl script?

I don't want write sql statements inside a perl script, rather i want to keep the sql
files in a seperate folder and then use a perl script to read those sql files, prepare
them and then execute them as we can do in a shell script (its easy in shell as we use
the sqlplus @filename).

Actually im trying to prepare a delivery installation script for our application for
which we are currently using shell scripts. I know that the sqlplus can be called from
the perl script to do this but i wanted to use pure perl, DBI and .sql files only so
that the script could be run from any machine (including windows) which does not have
oracle client installed.

The reason for having seperate .sql files is that only the sql files need to be
changed if required and not the perl script (good for someone who does not know perl).
Its like having create table scripts in seperate folder say tables, create index in
seperate folder say indexes and so on, so that if a new table needs to be added for
delivery only a new sql file has to be kept in the table folder.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question.

Regards

Oracle Monk