Anyone ever do this before?

JupiterHost.Net wrote:

Hello DBI folks!

If I have a column that is binary and data that is binary do I simply $dbh->quote() it on an insert?

IE

my $binary_content = get_binary_stuff();

my $binary_content_Q = $dbh->quote($binary_content);

$dbh->do("UPDATE MyStuff SET BinaryGoodies=$binary_content_Q WHERE ID=1");

Or do I need to convert it to hex and then $dbh->quote() the hex version (or not quote it)?

If I do need to make it hex first do I need to "unhex" it, after I SELECT it into a variable, to get it into the original binary format?

(w/ pack()/unpack()??? which is a bit OT for this list...)

TIA

Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net