I would avoid using a trigger by selecting the next sequence value as part
of your
Insert statement (assuming you don't need to know what it is).
So if you have a sequence s_foo then:

Insert into foo select s_foo.nextval,value1,value2... From dual

Andy

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The contents are
confidential and may be privileged.
Any views or opinions expressed are those of the sender and may not reflect the views
or opinions of the company and the company accepts no liability in respect thereof.
If you have received this email in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately.