From: Shah, Urmil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 1:02 PM
To: Reidy, Ron; Kong, Alan; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: SQL- Insert problem

Ok Here is the main problem.

When I do bind columns, i.e prepare my sql statement outside the foreach loop and
inside the loop when I pass on the parameters ( even the empty ones without any
values) i found that it hangs.
[Reidy, Ronald] Did you run a 10046 trace for the session?  It will be virtaully
impossible to determine what the problem is without this.

I went to TOAD to see what the problem is and did any data get loaded in this table
and when I tried to rename that table it gave me the following error. As soon as I hit
'ok' button , the looping and inserting from my unix box gets completed successfully
and data is inserted (empty variables remain as they are).
[Reidy, Ronald] Did you commit before trying to rename the table?

Also this db is not heavily used and my sql query is also very simple. I am not sure
what causes the LOCK and NOWAIT in oracle. I have never had this problem before and
all resources seem to be in normal condition.
[Reidy, Ronald] It means a process has some sort of a lock on the table (or one of
it's indexes) and another process is trying to obtain a lock of similar strength.  The
NOWAIT means the statement was issued without the NOWAIT clause.

Regards,

Urmil

sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by