> So DSN is too restrictive. Perhaps DBIx::DBH::from_hash ... well who knows.
>
> I dont understand your comment: " ... since database handles (DBH) are
> universally used in DBI-based project" --- why is that an issue? Their is
> no chance of trampling on another's namespace is there?

All DBI modules use database handles, so how is your handling special?
'from_hash' does clarify that. Although hashes are used as part the
connect routine already. The key service here is that you are providing
a single interface to connect to any database.

I also thought of

DBIx::Connect ... but it looks like you already published that one. :)

I revise my suggestion to be:

DBIx::UnifiedConnect

    Mark