Hello,

 I am trying to use freetds (0.63) as the library for DBD::Sybase (1.07) to
communicate with MS SQL 2000 servers.  After the build, it does not appear
that DBD::Sybase reconizes the freetds config file
(/usr/local/freetds/freetds.conf), in particular for defining which
host+port make up the Server.  I even tried it in the local `pwd`. Most
importantly, 'make test' fails and will not complete the install.

  Also, the "connect" method complains about accepting host+port arguments,
and seems to want a "Server", only.  The manpage says it accepts host+port.

  I am operating in a HPUX 11.11 environment, and have the DBD::Sybase
statically linked using the freetds libs.  Without passing the 'make test'
target, DBD::Sybase does not fully install (complains about not found in
@INC).  I am using Perl 5.8.7, and DBI-1.48.  The "make test" appears to
fail because it tries to use a non-existent (standard) Sybase server and
connect params.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, in advance.

Rick

Rick Frink, Senior Consultant
The Occam Group of Professional Computers Services Organization
1919 Birchwood Dr
Troy, MI 48083

614.554.7405 (Cell)
248.528.3770 (Office)