Let's keep this discussion on-list in case someone else has the same
question in the future.

http://ibm.com/db2/perl/ says that if you are compiling DBD::DB2 on
Linux, you set DB2_HOME to the location of your DB2 instance--for
example, /home/db2inst1/sqllib/ -- because DBD::DB2 needs the DB2
headers and libraries to compile successfully.

When you run a Perl program, DBD::DB2 then uses those libraries to
connect to your DB2 server running on Windows.

Dan