Sorry if double posted: Got a delivery error on liooil's eaddr and
correcting
<Adjusted from top post, which is frowned on, to bottom/intersperse>

Jan 28th Conversation:
From: liooil
Response by:  Paula

>Hope this topic is not [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>relevant. My Apologies if it's the case...
No, the right list is the DBI-Users list
http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=dbi-users

>Well, i'm trying to port a perl script from solaris to ActiveSate
>platform. My script has to connect to three Oracle Servers (2x8, 1x9i).
<snip>
>I'm not used to win32 environment,

Based on the statement not used to a win32 environment
and the fact that you posted to an ActiveState list,
I'm assuming you are running ActiveState's Active Perl.
If true, you need to build DBI and DBD-Oracle with the same version of
the C compiler as ActiveState does. Furthermore, the DBI and DBD are
compiled for a specific version of Perl.
Everything has to match just so...

Most of us WINDOZERs don't have the software or expertise
to do that, we choose to use precompiled binaries provided
by others in the user community. Perl has a GREAT user community.

You didn't mention which version of ActivePerl you are using, if it's
5.8.x you might want to check out http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/DBI/

Otherwise search the DBI-Users archive or post more info to that list.
HTH, Paula

Jan 29 conversation:
From: liooil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Responded to by Paula

>OK. Thanks, your answer made things clearer.
>You assumed well, i run ActiveState's Active Perl (5.8)
>Thanks for your link.
I want to give credit where due; it's not my link,
it's a link I have pulled DBI & DBD modules from.

>If i understood eveything, i need to uninstall my previous DBI
Yes, it is recommended that you use the same DBI and DBD for your
version

> and all its dependencies (i.e DBIx-ContextualFetch and Ima-DBI)
>The problem is where i can retrieve my packages DBIx-ContextualFetch
>and Ima-DBI while they are not supplied on your link...
>Does it matter if i reinstall them from another repository?
I don't know, I am not familiar with those packages, but as I
mentioned previously the DBI-User list is the list that will be most
helpful to you, so you need to post there.  I have CC'd them to get this
conversation going on that mail list.

>BTW, i guess DBD-Oracle9 is for Oracle9i and DBD-Oracle for Oracle8.
Yes.
>If i use DBD-Oracle9, is it possible to use it for both Oracle
>versions?
Again, sorry I don't know. :-) you need the real experts now HTH, Paula