From: Oscar Gomez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 9:04 AM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: switching perl version

A perl program executing in linux Redhat 7.0, perl version 5.6, oracle
8i was
using 30% cpu approx. Now I'm running the same program in linux
enterprise ES 4,
perl v. 5.8.5, Oracle 10g. uses 60% cpu. I'd like to know what's
happening
because the performance is slower and the difference is wide big.
Do you think this perl new version (5.8.5) takes more cpu ?
I appreciate any idea you could give me to improve my performance.

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by