I would definitely look to Oracle rather than Perl as your
culprit.  I don't have anything to back this up, just a suspicion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Gomez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:04 AM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: switching perl version

A perl program executing in linux Redhat 7.0, perl version 5.6, oracle
8i was
using 30% cpu approx. Now I'm running the same program in linux
enterprise ES 4,
perl v. 5.8.5, Oracle 10g. uses 60% cpu. I'd like to know what's
happening
because the performance is slower and the difference is wide big.
Do you think this perl new version (5.8.5) takes more cpu ?
I appreciate any idea you could give me to improve my performance.