Look like someone changed the access DB itself. If memory serves me corect there are setting in Access that can prohibit remote usage. I would try creating a new Access DB just to test to see if you can connect with it.

Also you may have to do some configuration with IIS to get it to server up perl pages. I know you have to load a .dll of some sort an with the latest version if IIS thre are somve fancy controls thay you might have to set up first to get perl pages served up.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Zheng - keunghing.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 5:46 AM
Subject: DBI-Help

Hi DBI Guru,

I am hoping someone will point me to right direction.

I am using WindowsXP and IIS is running. ActivePerl 5.8.8 build 817 is
installed, dbd-odbc 1.13 is also installed. The problem I have is it fails
to open an access97 database, I used odbcad32.exe to define a DSN, I put in
the user as admin and its password accordingly and it can be opened by my
crystal report writer.

The problem was not there before.  I can developed many different pages in
Perl before it stopped working. and I don't know why it stopped. I have exhausted
everything I can do (inclding reinstall perl) but no avail. Hope you can
give me a hint . Thank you in advance. The following is the line it failed:

$dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pswrd,$driver,{RaiseError=>1}) or die
"Database connection not made: $DBI::errstr";

the error is:
DBI connect('btn','',...) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Disk or network error. (SQL-HY000)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at
C:\ButtonS\khoffice\pwschedule.pl line 43

The script worked before but not now. I don't know why. Definitely something happened to my computer but I don't know what. please help. I disable the firewall, I shared the foler, I recreated the DSN and I reinstalled everything but no use. What else should I tried?

Samuel Zheng