Samuel Zheng - keunghing.com wrote:
Hi DBI Guru,

I am hoping someone will point me to right direction.

I am using WindowsXP and IIS is running. ActivePerl 5.8.8 build 817 is
installed, dbd-odbc 1.13 is also installed. The problem I have is it fails
to open an access97 database, I used odbcad32.exe to define a DSN, I put in
the user as admin and its password accordingly and it can be opened by my
crystal report writer.

The problem was not there before.  I can developed many different pages in
Perl before it stopped working. and I don't know why it stopped. I have exhausted
everything I can do (inclding reinstall perl) but no avail. Hope you can
give me a hint . Thank you in advance. The following is the line it failed:

$dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pswrd,$driver,{RaiseError=>1}) or die
"Database connection not made: $DBI::errstr";

the error is:
DBI connect('btn','',...) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Disk or network error. (SQL-HY000)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at
C:\ButtonS\khoffice\pwschedule.pl line 43

The script worked before but not now. I don't know why. Definitely something happened to my computer but I don't know what. please help. I disable the firewall, I shared the foler, I recreated the DSN and I reinstalled everything but no use. What else should I tried?

Samuel Zheng

A quick google search produced the following link that looks promising:

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited