10g here on Widders, HPUX, and SUN.  No more 8 or 9

• '•..• '•. ><((((º> .• '•. .• '•. •. .• '•. ><((((º>
“Anything that doesn’t eat you today is saving you for tomorrow.”

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/17/2008 09:43 PM

dbi-users@perl.org
cc

Subject
DBD::Oracle and  Support for Oracle 8 and 9 clients

I just want to get a general feeling of the community on weather the next
version of DBD::Oracle (1.22) should drop support for the

Oracle 8 and
Oracle 9 clients

I was just reviewing the code today and there are a large number of little
fixes here and there to make these two clients work with later versions of
DBD::Oracle.

With the upcoming demise of Oracle support of 9i we will see a good number
of already deprecated functions removed from later OCI (12 maybe?)
releases.

So I was thinking of cleaning up the code so that the next version 1.22
only supports 9.6 and later clients?

The second option is to make version 1.22 the last version that support
clients less that 9.6 (actually I think some of the early versions of the
8 client will die with 1.21 so it would be more of a bug fix in this case)

Speak up now or hold your peace.

Basically what I would like to know who uses what clients.