I am rebuilding my DBD installation on server A  (the one
where Oracle Wallet didn't work)

I set my environment for oracle 10g, then did the
install again.

I have wallet working, but every time I run a script I
get two copies of a dld.sl error for libclntsh.sl.10.1

I think I can live with that for awhile and try to
clean it up on a scheduled maintenance day.  I'll do
a $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh and see if that helps.

I have to tell you all, I love DBI/DBD and use it a lot.
But the installation has always seemed to be difficult,
and it keeps me from being enthusiastic to throw on the
latest releases.  When I get it working I just leave
it alone.  Not that I don't sympathize with the difficulty
of building an install that works against Oracle, particularly
in the pre-8 days.  And I'm on HP-UX which also has
it's quirks.