Satish Bora schrieb:
Hello,

I am asking a very basic question here. Is there any standard instruction set which can guarantee the successful installation of DBI and DBD on Unix env. I tried this for last month of or so (using README files from DBI-DBD packages or based on the search on Google and other CPAN sites) and came to conclusion that there is no standard method which can guarantee the successful installation.

There is a standard method, wich requires just a working Perl environment and Internet access:

$ perl -MCPAN -e "install 'DBI'"

Replace 'DBI' by the name of any DBD (or any other module) You like to install and continue. For example:

$ perl -MCPAN -e "install 'DBD::SQLite'"

This will work on any system, not only on Unixes.
But of course only for modules hosted on CPAN.

Greetings

Robert