On Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:14 AM, Martin J. Evans wrote:

> On 08/09/10 21:24, Roode, Eric wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> >     I am trying to implement error handling in our stored
procedures,
[...]
> Works fine for me (although possibly under different conditions):
[...]

> I had to take out odbc_cursortype and odbc_default_bind_type as
> they produced other errors with the driver I was using.
>
> You could send me a level 15 trace and I might see something but it
> looks like raiserror in your case is not raising an error.
>
> I was using Perl 5.10.1, DBD::ODBC 1.24_3, DBI 1.609 on Ubuntu
> Linux with the Easysoft SQL Server ODBC Driver.

Now that is perplexing, because I can't see any significant difference
between what you did and what I did, other than I'm on Windows
(presumably using Microsoft's ODBC driver?) and you're on Ubuntu.

I don't know what a "level 15 trace" is, but I'd be interested in
doing it if it might shed some light on what's going on.

-- Eric