On 10/09/10 17:10, Roode, Eric wrote:
> Oho!  Here is a clue.  I removed
>
>     odbc_cursortype => 2
>
> from the DBI->connect attributes.  Now the error is trapped!
> The output was:
>
>     handle_error: $state  is "42000".
>     handle_error: $msg    is "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
> Server]An error was raised. Input was "Some input parameter".".
>     handle_error: $native is "50000".
>     After execute: $retval is "55".
>     After execute: $p1     is "Some input parameter".
>     After execute: $p2     is "75".
>     Done.
>
> Now I wonder a) why I put odbc_cursortype=>2 in there in the first place
> (I've been doing that for years), and b) why that breaks things.
>
> -- Eric

Cursor type 2 is a dynamic cursor - I imagine it can make loads of difference.
You should not use it unless you really are using multiple active statements
(i.e. selecting from 2 or more stmts at the same time) and in any case there
are better ways of doing that with modern SQL Servers with Mars_Connection.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited