On 9/14/2010 12:41 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
 On 05/18/10 9:41 AM, Charles Jardine wrote:
On 17/05/10 23:05, John R Pierce wrote:
I've built DBD-Oracle-1.24 along with Perl 5.12.0 and DBI-1.611 for IBM
AIX 6.1 TL05 (oslevel = 6100-05-01), with Oracle 10.2.0.4, using IBM XL
C v11.1 + the latest PTF.

to build DBD-Oracle, i had to hack the makefile slightly to remove a
bogus -q32 from the LD commands, this per the README.aix.txt notes,
otherwise my build is pretty much bog stock.   Since I used cc_r to
compile perl (per the Perl readmes for AIX) I also used this variant of
the compiler for DBD-Oracle...

Its failing just one test t/58object.t ...   make test output is
below...   I don't know how to resolve this.  The description of
ORA-24334 is darn cryptic.
There are problems with the support for objects on big endian
platforms. http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg32902.html
is a previous report for Sparc Solaris. The patches in the mail archive
are mangled, much like your test output. I have attached two patches
from that thread.

I expect that sparc_patch will fix your immediate problem, allowing
t/58object.t to get further, and report another test failure.
sparc_patch2 may fix this second problem. I would like to know
either way.

I have no big endian hardware on which to test these patches.

Did this ever get tested and entered into the DBD-Oracle release ?

This issue has surfaced at work, so I can probably try testing your patches some time in the next week or so, possibly on both sparc and aix/power platforms, but if someone else has already done this and I missed it, I'd as soon not duplicate the effort

To which issue are you referring
the hack to the make file or the problem with t/58object.t?

cheers John