Hard to say.

Not sureif the way you are pasing in the sid will work.

add dbd_verbose=>15

to the conection options hash
Run the perl and post the output on this thread
so I can have a look at what is going on.

Just do a simple connect no need for any other DBI stuff.

I would also give the other flavours of connecting a try as well

Cheers
John