On 11/24/2013 10:05 AM, dome stuff wrote:

$1 contains a comma delimited list of column names.

I can run the query on the CLI and it works. If I swap the question mark that is $1 in the query, with a static column list, the query works in perl. Presumably I should be able to pass a column list as a variable when preparing a statement, but apparently I'm not getting the type correct?

You are not supposed to be able to do that in SQL. parameters can only be used for data values, not field names or other statement components.