Hi Carl,

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Furst, Carl <carl.fu...@mlb.com> wrote:

> However, I'm wondering why this information is not in the INSTALL file at
> least? Would be a good hint so people know what they would need to get
> going.

It could be one of the reasons is there are so many different installation
scenarios and platforms.
I think the most 'common' method nowadays would be to use the Oracle
InstantClient.

A couple months ago I added installation instructions to the OTRS manual
for how to compile DBD::Oracle on different platforms for usage with the
OTRS software. It might be of use, and of course could be moved into the
DBD::Oracle docs as well.

For CentOS/RHEL the instructions are here:
http://doc.otrs.org/3.3/en/html/installation.html#rhel-installation-dbd-oracle

--
Mike