What libs from oracle are exactly required to install this..

We just installed the client libs, including sql plus on Centos and it seems
that Makefile.pl is having trouble finding the version:

WARNING: I could not determine Oracle client version so I'll just
default to version 8.0.0.0. Some features of DBD::Oracle may not work.
Oracle version based logic in Makefile.PL may produce erroneous results.
You can use "perl Makefile.PL -V X.Y.Z" to specify a your client version.

Now if I had to specify that manually is that the sqlplus version?? How is it
determining that version?? We have 12.4 installed.

Thanks,
Carl Furst