Blake, something you need to clarify is what you are querying against, is it the SQL database or the .csv file? Either the .csv thing is a red herring or it sounds like you're using DBD::CSV, so which is it? The solution depends on this. -- Darren Duncan

On 2015-08-17 2:42 PM, tim.bu...@pobox.com wrote:
----- Forwarded message from "Adkins, Blake" <blake.adk...@intel.com> -----

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:51:41 +0000
From: "Adkins, Blake" <blake.adk...@intel.com>
To: "tim.bu...@pobox.com" <tim.bu...@pobox.com>
Subject: DBI Dilemma

    Tim,

    I've been using your module to enable people in my group to do searches on
a database that is regularly
    backed up as a .csv file. The problem here is with a particular column
name. Of the 140 columns in the
    database, one is named DESC, short for description. This was established
well before my time at the
    company and I believe the name comes from GE who makes the Cimplicity
product. If I try to do a SELECT
    using that column, the script dies, or quietly passes DESC in the column
header and all the rows. I've
    tried to figure out how to get around it without success. Do you have any
suggestions aside from
    renaming the column? (I was thinking along  the lines of escaping the name)

    Thanks,

    Blake Adkins

----- End forwarded message -----