Have you considered setting up a local PostgreSQL instance?  It's pretty easy
to set up these days and can run pretty nicely on a small machine - I have it
on an old laptop for local development.  It may be overkill for this particular
case, but you'll likely find it comes in handy down the road.

The COPY command can import and export CSV files directly. DBD::Pg works well
for those things that can't be done in a psql script.

Text::xSV can handle getting most files I've come across with "non-standard"
CSV encodings into Perl and thence into a database if necessary.