Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:
Matt S Trout wrote:
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:45:08PM +0100, Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:
Matt S Trout a écrit :
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 04:01:27PM +0530, Rajesh Pethe wrote:
Matt S Trout wrote:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:31:27PM +0530, Rajesh Pethe wrote:

I have also faced this problem with newer version of DBIx (0.08008).
Old version works fine.

Then provide us with enough information to debug the problem.

All you've done so far is asserted it's broken in your set up with no
details at all about it.

How are we supposed to fix it if you won't tell us anything even when I
ask you for more info?

I have not done anything special, the applications were running fine
with version 0.07002 of DBIx. After we upgraded it to 0.08008, we got
this issue.

Multiple connections are opened and never closed till the lifetime of
the program.
Every other report of this was either (a) a bug fixed by 08004 or so or
(b) user error.

I asked you for additional information in a reply to your original
report. Please go back, read that message and provide the information I
asked for. "I have not done anything special" is not helpful, and without
more information my best guess is that you've done something silly
somewhere - but without seeing your code I can't tell that either.

Can you please either

(1) provide the information we asked for

or

(2) debug this issue more closely to find where the dbh is leaked

Hi Matt,
I already sent you some code in one of my previous email. Did you get it?
I can send it back again if needed.

There's no such e-mail in the list archives from you.

Could you re-send, and start it as a new thread as well? This thread is
no basically useless because we're five messages deep and nobody's posted
any debugging info to it :)

Hi Matt,

Did you get my last email with code included?
I tried to install new version of DBIx::Class 0.08009 but the problem persists even the built-in server provided by Catalyst.
Do you have any clue of what's going on?
Cheers
Emmanuel

We (Matt and me) solved this problem.
It looks like that DBD::Sybase cache statment by default. That's why each time a request is done, the connection is kept open. Do avoid it, just add option { disable_sth_caching => 1 } in the connect() sub.
That's all.

cheers

--
Emmanuel Quevillon