Greetings!

Another update on what happened up until Sept 30th.

Here is where thing stand as of master / dc7d89911b

On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

- Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the transaction subsystem

Still at 90%. Missing several pieces around TxnScopeGuard.

- Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the exception handling
subsystem

100% completed.

- Final API-fication of the relationship resolution system

100%

- Final review and fixups of the metadata (ResultSource) subsystem

100%

- Stabilize the (unique across CPAN) CI setup in light of recent service
changes

100%

- Overhaul of the distbuild system, making it more approachable for
future maints

Still at 70%. Given distbuilding is a very controversial topic, any changes before a new direction is in place are likely moot.

- Several new deprecation warnings, serving to set direction/provide
interlocks for future architects

Still at 95%. Whether it is sensible to proceed also depends on the agreed upon direction.

- Minor overhauls of SQL::Abstract and SQL::Translators, to be lock-step
released with DBIC

Work in this area never happened. The lockstep requirement got dropped with a recent merge in September. There is a small amount of SQLA fixes that I will finish some time this month (time permitting). There is a larger overhaul of dependencies that I envisioned, but at this point I must admit I lost the motivation to do that.

Annotation of all existing branches/issues/tickets/PRs

This did not proceed ahead aside from planning, as the code churn would have made any work in this area pointless. As indicated in the next email I will provide information on this as long as there is demand.

master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes its extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream dependencies extensively as indicated in the commit message of dc7d89911b. With that being said - it is not in a state of completion I would have shipped it myself (what is mainly bugging me are the missing warnings).

See next email for updates on the big picture

Cheers!