On 2016-10-08 7:07 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:
I stand by the
statement that if whoever riba picked comes forward themselves, I'll happily
add their name to my proposal, but if not, I think you lot are going to have
to figure out a way to pick one yourselves, since the whole point of this
slot is to provide a brake on the rest of us.

I, for one, strongly encourage the successor that Peter Rabbitson picked to come forward on their own and volunteer their identity.

As this person was hand-picked and has already agreed to do the job of stewarding DBIC, they must have an interest in the future of DBIC and want to see things done well by it.

Given that Peter abdicated the right to choose first-come himself, I also interpret this as that he would be ok with his chosen replacement stepping up on their own and announcing themselves, he isn't pushing the button, and making their own public offer or proposal to steward the project.

Please speak-up, whomever you are, I think everyone would be happy for you to be involved.

Speaking up is not an obligation for you to take the job later, you can still be free to continue being involved or change your mind.

But this would help address the elephant in the room, the unknown person
element.

Thank you in advance.

-- Darren Duncan