Hi,

my thoughts exactly :)

Any luck with the pre-forking stuff yet?

cheers,
Ilja

On Friday, Oct 24, 2003, at 09:20 Europe/Amsterdam, Paul J Stevens wrote:

<we should move this thread to dbmail-dev>

I for one would vote against having those patches be accepted into CVS, and I imagine Ilja wont commit them as they are.

Don't get me wrong though; inetd functionality is a valuable attribute, but I don't think they should be acquired by forking existing files.

Personally, since I'm working on pre-forking functionality ala apache, I'm pretty certain server.c is where such changes should occur.

And we should definitely allow admins to select such settings runtime:
SERVERTYPE=<inetd|standalone>